In my final piece I decided to make the colors very bright and vibrant, considering that this is what Mario games are like. I am very happy with the composition as the characters do not look like they have been squished into a small space or are completely lost in a too huge environment.
Furthermore about the process I can say that after failing with complex NURB modeling I managed to get a better understanding by approaching more simple shapes. They so have a much smoother and rounder shape, less edgy, which was important for what I wanted to achieve. I have also gotten into the routine of how to apply the UV maps properly to the characters so that their faces are in the right place.
All in all I can say that as in the first assignment I have learned more about the program by exploring and working with trial and error. Again I feel I have achieved something, where I can say that I have done the best possible for my current skill level and yet through this project have opened new opportunities to later with more practice go even further.