In my final piece I have decided to stick to the basic layout I had come up with when i did the mock up with the photographs in Photoshop, with the difference that I decided on only using three of the images (the images where cut out using the pen tool and refine edge). The main image in the center of the piece portrays the strong dark side the film has. To keep the focus on this image I emphasized the eyes by making them red (also a reference to the film viewers who have seen it will recognize) and making the contrast of the image stronger. Furthermore I kept the color scheme simple by only using black, white and red. I chose these dark colors simply because when I think of the film these are the colors that come to my mind. Her red eyes and the blood in the film, followed by many dark and gloomy scenes are what I thought of when i chose the colors. Furthermore I stuck with the traditional art look even for the background and so used brushed which had a paint brush look to them. I also added a image of her as the black swan and one of her as the white swan in the background, these showing her split personality. By then having the main image of her being as the black swan it shows how while the film develops this side of her is what becomes stronger and takes over. The type (written with the help of a graphic tablet), as I mentioned in an earlier post, is subtle, but still fits well with the hand drawn style of the whole cover.
All in all I am very pleased with the end result as it in my eyes shows the development of the main character very well. And although I am fully aware of the risk I took by putting more than one image of her in the cover it is a risk I am willing to take to distinguish myself and create something new and intriguing.